Thursday 2 October 2014

Parents and children.......

We are all someone's child,
and some of us,
are someone's parent.
 
From the moment my son was born,
not a moment has passed,
when I was not aware of his existence.
 
The love that comes with being a parent,
is equal to none.
Every fibre, every heartbeat, 
 the very last pore,
is ones own,.... no more.
 
When my child is happy, I soar,
when my child is hurting, I bleed from every pore,
when my child despairs, I am anxious to the core.
 
The instinct to protect,
to offer cover from life's darts
so very persuasive
when his dreams fall apart.
 
If my child's heart is broken,
from pain unspoken,
what do I have to offer
but an endless supply
of love, unconditional in design.
 
For me there will never be a time,
when I will desert this child of mine,
I'll be his shelter in the storm,
his friend when he feels low.
 
He shares my heart, he shares my soul,
he owns his heart, he owns his soul,
and though my child he well may be,
to know himself, he must be free.
 
To learn to cope with fiery darts and broken hearts,
life must be lived with all its parts,
to learn to grow, how to be strong
one cannot quit when things go wrong.
 
When the bough breaks and the skies turn grey,
a parents lot is to show the way,
how to find the crack where the light shines through
and what to do when one's feeling blue.
 
To learn to be selfless, patient, and kind
a good way of learning
is to love a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment