Monday 14 September 2020

Who are you George?

I am a man.
 I am a father,
    I am a husband,
 I am a brother.

I am a friend,
   I am a stranger.
I am a singer,
I am a talker.

I love my wife,
     I love my children.
   I love my parents,
   I love my siblings.

  I love my music,
I love my food.
 I love my home,
     I love a good brew.

There are times when I feel happy,
there are times when I feel sad,
there are times when I feel hopeful,
and times of deep despair.

There are times when I feel anxious,
there are times when I feel poised.
there are times when I feel troubled,
there are times I feel composed.

I am a being,
a human being.
 I am a spirit,
a living spirit.
I am a heart,
a beating heart.
I am a soul,
a teaching soul.

The I, that I know to be me,
is not skin that covers me.
The I, that I know to be me,
are my actions, my hopes,
my dreams, my beliefs,
and my feelings.

''The true colour of a person is not determined by skin,
but by the behaviour in it.''
(Giovanni de Sadeleer)

about the image: a photo I took of  ''Chicken George'', a musician
friend of mine

No comments:

Post a Comment