What I want to do is scream,
but I don't.
What I want to do is cry,
but I don't.
What I want to do is run away,
but I don't.
What I want to do is tell you
how much your words hurt me,
but I don't.
What I feel is sadness,
but what I do
is pretend that all is okay.
What I feel is anger,
but what I do
is pretend that I'm okay.
What I feel is confusion,
but what I do
is pretend that that's okay.
Why is it that to be openly sad
is by others so often deemed ''bad''?
Why are we often judged as being ''weak''
when of our pain we openly speak?
Why are we told to subdue our cries
when hurt brings tears to our eyes?
(Citizen Z)
For a number of days I have had severe pain
in my neck and shoulders. Mind you, I always
have pain there(bursitis) but for some reason that I'm
oblivious of, it has now reached new heights.(levels)
I have methods of dealing with it, but none so far
has worked.
What's needed is a remedial massage.
By the time I'm sitting in a chair at the massage
place, the pain has spread and is now pounding
away in my lower and upper jaw bones.
I'm feeling quite nauseous but is lucky enough
to be fitted in for a treatment immediately.
A designated massage therapist arrives and softly
asks me how much pressure I want her to use.
''A lot,'' I answer. It hurts like heck but I know
that it will get better and eventually the pain
will subside. Which it does.
Walking to the car, some thoughts wafts through
my consciousness; -I just don't get all the excitement
over AIs. We are flawed, this is true, but science
proved a long time ago that being touched by other
human beings is paramount for our very existence.
Thank goodness for human massage therapists.
''There are five traits that AI genuinely can not
replicate: empathy, presence, judgement,
creativity and hope.''
(Shorts on AI limitations)
about the image: pen and ink on water colour paper

No comments:
Post a Comment