Tuesday 15 September 2015

Citizen Z reveal.....on youtube...


For a while, I have been toying with the idea of putting up a you tube clip. Why? you may ask. I guess the quickest answer is that it seemed like a good idea to me.
The possibilities today are amazing when it comes to being able to share thoughts, ideas, "the arts" in its many different genres, etc. and so on. How this was going to be done on the other hand, I didn't have a clue. So I asked one of my son's friends if he could perhaps give me a hand. Fortunately for me, this friend is a video-photographer and also a very decent chap, so my request for assistance was accepted. (Eehaaa!)
After the initial excitement died down, I realised that I needed a plan, as in a "storyboard", so I sat down and had a good thinking about it. Massaging the "grey matter", I eventually came up with a plan. The result, is now possible for you to view on you tube.
                                
As a visual artist, for many of us, it can be difficult to find opportunities to share our art. Our passion may drive us to keep on producing works after works, but eventually, unless some are sold, storage space can become an issue. (Personally I have paintings of different sizes, sketch books, portfolios, etc.hidden away everywhere possible.)
I guess the reason for why someone paints, may be as many as there are painters, so perhaps I will just share the reason for why I paint: to communicate, to try to evoke in the viewer an emotional response to the images I have created. My art works are the outer results of my inner experiences.
For a visual artist to share/expose their work in "Real Life", they have to be exhibited somewhere.
This means hoping for a spot in a gallery, a restaurant, a coffee shop, a hotel, a doctors waiting area, etc. etc., or entering any number of competitions. Having done all this and still having the house full of works in cupboards, in the garage, on the walls, under the bed, under the stairs to the upstairs, and so on, time had come for me to "modernise" my thinking. (Just in case you are wondering, I have sold a lot of paintings for which I am very grateful, had I not, I guess I would have to sleep on the kitchen floor!)
I often listen to music on youtube, watch tutorials, listen to lectures, etc. so I thought: why not put up something there?
It has taken quite some time between having the thought and actually making it happen, but alas, now it has.
It is not meant to be serious, rather, just a different approach of sharing my art with you.
For all of you who have found your way to this blog: THANK YOU for taking the time to view my works and read my words.
 
"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance."
(Aristotle)
 
(ps. the music in the background is my music)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment