Sunday 7 February 2016

On finding a quiet place............

 
A Quiet Place
 
"Come with me to a quiet place," he said in a calming voice.
"A quiet place?" I thought, "in the midst of all this noise?"
 
"The quiet lives inside of you, always present, always true."
"How do I find it?" I asked, "what do I have to do?"
 
"Slow down your busy mind, and the quiet can be found."
"But Sir", I said, "the world if so noisy, so full of sound."
 
"The quiet resides in the mind,
and what we see and what we hear,
by such, it is not bound."
"With my mind," I then asked, "I can make a choice
when the quiet I want to be found?"
 
"Wherever you go, whatever you do,
you always take your mind with you.
In the midst of a roaring tempest,
 piercing sounds that seem endless,
with the help of your mind,
the quiet still can be found."
 
"But how, kind Sir, do I do it?" I queried,
"with a mind so restless and so often wearied?"
"With your mind's eye, ..try to visualise,
an open space, draped in beautiful light.
Harbour no thoughts of what must or mustn't be done,
events gone by, or events to come.
Just keep your mind on the open field,
forget your wants and forget your needs,
and before you know it, the quiet appears,
 gone are your worries, and gone are your fears."
 
"Now, close your eyes and still your mind,
and let us both, the quiet find."
(Citizen Z)
 
“Quiet is peace. Tranquillity. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it." (Khaled Hosseine)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment